What is one thing that you can’t do without if you want a home that is comfortable all year long? Your first thought probably would go to your air conditioner and heater. The fact is that neither of these would be much use to you without your thermostat!
We want to discuss your thermostat today because, even if you have one that is working, there is a chance that you are due for an upgrade. We can’t tell you how often we see homes with modern HVAC systems that are paired with aging and inefficient thermostats. Don’t let your home comfort suffer–contact us for a thermostat replacement in Tulsa so you can enjoy an optimal home environment.
How To Tell It Is Time to Upgrade Your Thermostat
First things first, you will want to know how to determine whether or not you really do need a thermostat upgrade. If you got a new thermostat within the last year, chances are you are doing fine with the system you have. However, if you notice any of these warning signs, it may mean you should contact a professional to discuss replacing your thermostat:
- Inaccurate temperatures: When you use your thermostat, do you notice that it doesn’t seem to detect the temperatures in your home accurately? This can lead to a house that is too hot or too cold. It can also put extra strain on your AC and heater.
- Short cycling: When you turn on your thermostat, you should hear your HVAC system running for a while. If instead your heater turns on and off again in a few minutes’ time, it is short cycling which can be caused by a malfunctioning thermostat.
- Unresponsive system: Have you noticed that your thermostat doesn’t respond the way it is supposed to? Perhaps you turn it on and it takes several minutes to get a response or maybe it doesn’t respond at all. These are signs that the thermostat needs to be replaced.
- High energy bills: Let’s say you know that your heating system is working well and isn’t using any extra energy. Then what is causing those high energy bills? It could be a thermostat that isn’t working right and is forcing your heater to do extra work, thereby using extra energy.
- New HVAC systems: Did you recently replace your air conditioner and/or your heater? If so, then you should likely replace your thermostat too. Modern systems will work more efficiently and effectively when paired with upgraded thermostats.
The Benefits of Choosing a Smart/Wi-Fi Thermostat
When you opt to upgrade your thermostat, make sure to take Smart and Wi-Fi thermostats into account as an option for your home. These advanced pieces of technology can offer perks that homeowners back in the day could only dream of such as learning programmability, wireless controls, and more. What’s more, they will offer the perks of better temperature control and energy efficiency all year long.
Contact Air Comfort Solutions to schedule your thermostat upgrade. Our NATE-certified techs will always work hard to fulfill our 100% satisfaction guarantee. Make the winning call.