In Tulsa, we have excruciatingly hot summers, and can’t imagine surviving without an air conditioner to beat the heat. This means we really have to rely on our air conditioners to operate well.
Imagine that you come home from a tiring day at work, only to discover that your air conditioner has stopped working. It’s not a pleasant thought. Thankfully it is avoidable with regular AC maintenance.
If you are wondering what the point of AC maintenance in Tulsa is, or why you can’t just wait for a repair need to pop up, we’d love to answer those questions.
The Importance of Maintenance
Like any other machine, your air conditioner is comprised of moving parts that need servicing and inspection to ensure that they operate properly. Skipping maintenance is neglecting this base level of care that your AC needs to do its job well. Will your AC break down if you skip maintenance? No. Will it lose efficiency and effectiveness at a faster pace? Yes.
So, to answer the question of, “What the point,” we would say that maintenance is going to be a service that saves you time and money while helping you get the best quality of comfort from your air conditioner.
Sounds pretty great, right?
How Maintenance Helps Your AC
There are a variety of tasks that are accomplished as a part of an AC maintenance appointment. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Replacement of an air filter
- Tightening of loose parts
- Optimizing the system’s performance
- Cleaning dust and debris off the evaporator coil
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Testing for inefficiencies
A professional technician is going to accomplish all of these tasks and more when they come over to tune-up your AC. And unsurprisingly this will benefit you and your system in the long run. Here’s how:
5 Perks of Regular AC Maintenance
- Better energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC system is likely to operate more efficiently, meaning it uses less energy to cool your home. Just changing the filter alone can lower the unit’s power consumption by 5 – 15%.
- Improved cooling power: When your air conditioner doesn’t have to fight against a variety of small issues, it will be better able to cool your home. Wiping down an evaporator coil may not seem like a big deal but it makes a huge difference for your home comfort.
- Fewer repair needs: One of the best things about maintenance is that it is preventative. It addresses issues while they are small and prevents them from escalating into full-blown repair needs.
- Increased lifespan: The wear and tear of regular use that your AC would usually get is reduced when it gets a yearly tune-up. This can extend its lifespan from a minimum of 10 up to a total of 15 years of use!
- Lowers energy bills: You may have guessed at this one already but it is still worth mentioning. Less effort to cool your home plus less energy use means lower electricity bills for you at the end of the month.
We recommend scheduling a tune-up for your AC system once a year to ensure that it runs as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Make the winning call and choose Air Comfort Solutions to take care of your air conditioning maintenance, repairs. With us, your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed! Contact us today.